In the realm of wedding fashion, where dreams intertwine with timeless elegance, one silhouette reigns supreme—the resplendent lehenga. A quintessential Indian ensemble, the lehenga embodies grace, grandeur, and ethereal beauty like no other. As the wedding season approaches with its promises of love and celebration, the time has come to unravel the enigmatic world of types of lehengas, brimming with captivating styles that cater to every woman's unique desires.
Lehenga:- A Perfect option for every wedding
Lehenga, the regal ensemble with its roots in India's rich cultural past, evolved to represent grace, beauty, and tradition. The lehenga is a perfect option that brings beauty and charm to any wedding celebration, whether you're the bride-to-be or an attendee. Let's explore the types of lehenga for their characteristics that make them a perfect choice for any wedding.
- Ornate Embellishments: The lehengas' craftsmanship and attention to detail are simply amazing. Every piece is a work of art, whether it has elaborate stone decorations or delicate zari work. Expert craftsmen spend hours utilizing methods like thread work, zardozi, and gotapatti to create stunning designs.
- Timeless appeal: The lehenga has enduring appeal since it defies fads and is always in style. Even decades from now, you'll enjoy looking back at your wedding photos because of their timeless charm. In many families, passing down a lehenga through the years is a beloved custom that represents the enduring love and legacy connected to weddings.
- Flattering Silhouette: Lehengas are made to highlight a woman's natural attractiveness and silhouette. The choli, lehenga, and dupatta, which are its three key parts, highlight the wearer's curves and gracefulness.
- Suppleness: The lehenga's suppleness is one of its best qualities. It can be modified and adjusted to fit various wedding themes, fashions, and individual preferences. You can select types of lehenga that suit your personal taste from a vast selection of fabrics, colors, and styles.
- Cultural Significance: The lehenga is deeply ingrained in Indian traditions and has significant cultural importance. It displays the varied skill and craftsmanship of Indian artisans while representing the rich heritage of various locations. Each state contributes its own distinctive touch to this regal apparel, from the delicate needlework of Rajasthan to the vivid colors of Gujarat.
How to Choose Different Types of Lehenga?
With an array of styles, fabrics, and embellishments to choose from, navigating the world of types of lehenga can be overwhelming. Fear not, we are here to walk you through the process of choosing different types of lehenga, ensuring you make an exquisite choice that reflects your personal style.
1. Understanding Lehenga Silhouettes:
- A-line Lehenga: This traditional shape has a fitted waist and gradually widens out towards the hem. It fits most body types and may be worn in a variety of situations.
- Flared Lehenga: Known for its voluminous appeal, the flared lehenga is distinguished by numerous layers of fabric, giving off a gorgeous princess-like impression.
- Mermaid Lehenga: This style emphasises curves and adds a contemporary twist to conventional lehengas. It has a fitted form that dramatically expands out at the bottom.
- Straight Cut Lehenga: This design keeps a straight, fitting appearance from waist to hem. For individuals who like a more fitted and modern appearance, it is ideal.
2. Exploring Fabrics and Embellishments:
- Chanderi Lehengas: Popular for weddings and formal occasions, types of lehenga made from chanderi fabric are renowned for their richness and lustrous texture. They have a lavish, refined aura about them.
- Velvet Lehenga: The plushness of velvet provides a touch of opulence to any outfit. The majestic air of velvet lehengas makes them perfect for winter events.
- Georgette/Chiffon Lehengas: These airy, lightweight materials give lehengas a lovely look. They provide effortless mobility and are ideal for summer gatherings.
- Embroidery and Embellishments: From elaborate zari work to glittering sequins, pick embellishments that go well with the overall style of the lehenga. A fine touch can be added by paying close attention to the craftsmanship and details.
3. Taking Color Combinations in Mind:
- Traditional Colors: Red, maroon and pink-hued fabrics are common selections for traditional lehengas. They stand for festivity, passion, and love.
- Modern Tones: Try pastels, jewel tones, and unusual color schemes to make a statement. Tones like mint green, lavender, and navy blue can produce a unique and refreshing appearance.
- Complementary hues: Choosing complementary hues should take into account your skin tone. Earthy colors work well with warm undertones, while jewel tones and frosty hues look good with cooler undertones.
4. Finding the Correct Blouse:
- Considerations for the neckline and sleeves of the blouse: The blouse style is essential for enhancing the entire lehenga costume. Pick a neckline and sleeve style that goes well with your body type and sense of fashion.
- Coordinating or Contrasting: Decide whether you want the blouse to blend in seamlessly with the lehenga or stand out sharply. Beautiful visual effects can be created with any combination.
4 Different types of Lehenga to choose this wedding season
Let us make you shine and dazzle this wedding season look with these 4 different types of lehengas:
1. Zohar Chanderi lehenga Set
The Zohar Chanderi Lehenga Set with its off-shoulder blouse is perfect for any woman to steal the show and make themselves look super sassy. The block printing on the red base of this lehenga set gives ultimate exposure to your whole look. The best part of this new type of lehenga set is its balloon sleeves which run trendy in Gen Z fashion.
2. Inina Chanderi Lehenga Set
The bespoke masterpiece, Inina Chanderi Lehenga set beautifully portrays the block prints on a deep red hue which is enough to make give you the glitz of the special celebrations. The deep V-neck and the full sleeve of the blouse make the overall appearance sophisticated and elegant.
3. Khurshid Chanderi Lehenga Set
Khurshid Chanderi Lehenga set presents the playful nature of the woman with its colorful hues and contrasts. This lehenga set is perfect for this wedding season because of its floral prints and butterfly motifs which can give the wearer an easy breezy vibe. The strappy sleeve blouse of this lehenga set exudes a trendy chic attitude to the overall look.
4. Surati Handpainted Lehenga Set
Surati handpainted lehenga set is one of the lehenga set that’s in running fashion for this wedding season. The handpainted lotuses on the baby pink base deliver a soft and subtle glow to the wearer’s overall appearance. This lehenga set's eye-catching feature is the off-the-shoulder, netted blouse, which makes the wearer look like the wedding's fashion bomb.
How to style up your lehenga for a wedding occasion
Good styling with different types of lehenga can add stars to your overall appearance. Some of the styling tips are:
- Pick the right lehenga: Choose the type of lehenga that flatters your body type and sense of style. Think about the fabric, color, and embellishments that go with your style and the wedding's theme.
- Choose a bold blouse: Wear your lehenga with a gorgeous blouse that adds intrigue. To make it stand out, pick a striking color, elaborate needlework, or a distinctive neckline. Try out several sleeve lengths and styles to choose which one suits you the best.
- Try different draping techniques: How you wear your dupatta can have a big impact on how you look as a whole. To give your lehenga a distinctive look, experiment with different draping techniques including the traditional front drape, a single shoulder drape, or a pleated pallu.
- Play around with your makeup and hair: Your makeup and hair should match your lehenga. When selecting your haircut, consider the blouse's neckline and embellishments. Choose hairstyles with braids, loose curls, or classic updos. Makeup should complement your outfit's color scheme while keeping the occasion in mind. Don't be afraid to draw attention to your lips or eyes to make a statement.
- Opt for a tacky blouse back: Given that a lehenga choli is a three-piece dress, it is important to pay attention to the blouse back's design. A gorgeously crafted back can give a touch of elegance and enhance the aesthetic attractiveness of your clothing.
- Accessorize wisely: Accessorizing your lehenga is crucial to complete your look. Consider these ideas: Wear statement jewelry like a heavy necklace, chandelier earrings, or maang tikka. Opt for gold or silver tones that match your outfit. Add a stylish waist belt for a defined silhouette, choosing an embellished or embroidered design. Carry a clutch or traditional potli bag with intricate embroidery or embellishments that complement your lehenga. Complete the look with traditional footwear such as embroidered juttis, embellished heels, or matching sandals for comfort throughout the celebration.
So, there are many things to think about when selecting the ideal type of lehenga for the wedding season. You can express your individual style and make a statement with each variety because they each have their own special charm and attraction.
Aachho is a fantastic option when looking to buy lehengas. They have a large selection of different types of lehengas that blend traditional and modern aesthetics, so you can pick the ideal lehenga for your gaudy celebration. In addition to purchasing a work of exquisite craftsmanship from Aachho, you also embrace the certainty of authenticity, quality, and style. Make your wedding season truly special by donning a stunning lehenga from Aachho, and let your clothing speak for itself and your fashion-forward sensibilities.
RECENTLY CUSTOMER'S QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q. Which lehenga is trending?
A. There are enormous designs and types of lehengas that are in trend but the most trending lehengas are the ones in pastel hues and have fashionable blouses.
Q. Which state is famous for lehenga?
A. Women across India prefer lehengas but the designs and concept of lehenga have mostly emerged out of the states of Gujrat and Rajasthan.
Q. Which type of bridal lehenga is best?
A. Bridal lehengas that are red in color are the best because red is the most associated and auspicious color tied with the wedding for the bride.